Thursday, January 16, 2014


 Hello, my name is Kayla Mercer. I am a fifth year student at Memorial University of Newfoundland and Labrador where I am studying to become a Primary/Elementary school teacher. I am twenty three years old and I am originally from a small town called Upper Island Cove, Newfoundland but I currently live in St.john's. 

I am currently doing my observation days at the school I went to in my hometown when I was in primary/elementary school and it is going very well. I also plan on doing my work term there in the upcoming fall semester. Ever since I was a young girl, I have always wanted to be a teacher when I grew up. 

As I got older and graduated from high school, I decided to follow my dream and become a Primary/Elementary teacher.Throughout this course I hope to learn about the many mathematics techniques that are out there and learn how I will be able to teach those strategies as a future educator to students in the primary and elementary grades.


 In my free time I like to; spend time with my family and friends, exercise, walk my dog, play guitar, relax, travel, and my absolute favorite thing to do is to go shopping! I am always up for trying something new and learning new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment